March 17, 2023
Altair has rebranded its data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) suite as Altair RapidMiner, uniting all data analytics technology into one platform. After the acquisitions of RapidMiner and World Programming, the Altair RapidMiner platform offers end-to-end solutions from data ingestion and modeling to operationalization and visualization.
The platform is now available via Altair Units, delivering a new generation of Frictionless AI capabilities to customers.
“Altair RapidMiner removes barriers to effectively connect three of an organization’s most important assets: data, people, and processes. With an unrivaled and complete set of tools to transform organizations, we are paving the way to a frictionless future,” says Sam Mahalingam, chief technology officer, Altair. “The platform enables users of all skill levels to accelerate projects from idea to production, modernizes legacy environments, and caters to enterprise needs with desktop and cloud offerings.”
Notably, Altair RapidMiner:
- Scales AI initiatives without requiring a big team of data scientists or expensive services engagements. Organizations can upskill their workforce so users from novice to expert can leverage the tools needed to provide data-driven insights.
- Empowers users to extract and prep data easily from any source, working with reports and PDFs that are core to the business.
- Alleviates the pressure of modernizing expensive legacy environments. Teams can create, maintain and run SAS language programs, models, and workflows directly in a multi-language environment (e.g. Python, R, SQL).
- Gets more models into production. Teams can operationalize models faster and monitor them continuously across one shared MLOps environment.
- Processes and displays massive amounts of fast-changing data. Users can build subsecond streaming, batch and business intelligence (BI) data applications.
Upskill Your Organization
In addition to the Altair RapidMiner platform, Altair helps organizations shape their data analytics programs and upskill their employees with the Center of Excellence (CoE) methodology. The CoE identifies the highest priority use cases and helps tackle those first, upskills the business line teams so they can address data analytics problems themselves, and trains everyone—from business analysts to data scientists—to use the right tools for the problem.
Training is available through the Altair RapidMiner Academy, which provides self-paced, personal-based learning for users of all skill levels and industries. These programs offer bite-sized learning alongside curated courses and pathways, designed to match roles, knowledge domains and skill levels.
Altair Units—Altair's gold standard software licensing system—democratizes access to data analytics solutions while simultaneously making it more affordable to access these tools, the company says. The ability to access all of Altair’s data analytics and AI products via Altair Units gives users the flexibility to run software anywhere, the freedom to choose what software tools they need when they need them, and value that maximizes use and minimizes cost.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Altair Coverage
Subscribe to our FREE magazine,FREE email newsletters or both!
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.