COMSOL Event Series to Target Acoustics Simulation
Three virtual COMSOL Day events will tout the impact of multiphysics simulation for industries that generate audio and acoustics products.
April 25, 2022
COMSOL is moving forward with its global virtual event series with COMSOL Day: Acoustics, to be held in three different time zones, with each event featuring a one-day program focused on acoustics simulation. Online sessions are slated for April 28, May 5 and May 19 by organizers in the U.S., Europe and China, respectively.
The events will join engineers and scientists seeking to enhance simulation-driven product development within acoustics and vibrations. The program will have keynote speakers from research organizations and the audio and automotive industries. Presentations by COMSOL speakers will address trends in acoustics simulation, such as how companies can benefit from creating simulation apps and using the Model Manager in COMSOL Multiphysics, along with application-specific demonstrations and Q&A sessions.
COMSOL Day: Acoustics aims to show how acoustics industry leaders are addressing development and optimization challenges by using multiphysics simulation.
April 28 (USA):
- “Design and Optimization of Sonos Smart Speakers Using COMSOL Multiphysics®” by Brizi Brown and Wei Yang, Sonos
- “Automotive Audio in the Digital Age” by Patrick Dennis, Nissan
May 5 (Denmark):
- “Electroacoustic Metamaterials: Designing New Properties of Acoustic Interfaces Through Active Electroacoustic Resonators” by Hervé Lissek, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- “Soundbar Designer: An App(lication) for Coupled Electroacoustics Modeling” by Roberto Magalotti, Bowers & Wilkins
May 19 (China):
- “Car Audio System Design with Multiphysics Simulation” by James Gan, Harman Automotive Electronic System (Suzhou)
- “Acoustic Optimization in Vehicles Using COMSOL Multiphysics®” by Zhiwen Chen, Tymphany
“COMSOL Day: Acoustics offers a great opportunity for anyone involved in acoustics product design to see how the industry is benefiting from the use of multiphysics simulation to optimize customer experience, develop new technologies, and create better products,” comments Thure Ralfs, managing director of COMSOL A/S and event host. ”Attendees will also see in practice what it takes to build a model from start to finish, within a wide range of application areas.”
The COMSOL Day: Acoustics event dates and start times are as follows:
- April 28 at 11 a.m. EDT (USA)
- May 5 at 9 a.m. CEST (Denmark)
- May 19 at 1 p.m. HKT (China)
These events are open to all, and attendance is free.
Participation from any region at any of the events is welcomed. Note that the sessions hosted by the COMSOL offices in the U.S. and Denmark will be conducted in English, while the event hosted by the office in China will be in Chinese.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More COMSOL Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.