Luxion Releases KeyVR Update
KeyVR brings One-Click VR to collaborative design with new control, interface and performance features for enhanced 3D experiences, company says.
June 22, 2021
Luxion, developer of advanced rendering and lighting technology and maker of KeyShot, the first real-time ray tracing and global illumination program for 3D rendering and animation, reports an update to KeyVR that introduces new multi-user sessions with KeyVR Connect along with new augmented reality and environment control capabilities for the creation of interactive product experiences.
With KeyVR, Luxion has introduced 3D professionals to One-Click VR that offers the fastest route available to go from 3D to VR whether the need is for design reviews and concept approvals or customer walkthroughs and interactive presentations. Built on the core framework of Luxion’s KeyShot 3D rendering software, KeyVR offers realism and material fidelity with wide support among VR hardware.
Along with many UI/UX updates, this release of KeyVR adds the largest number of features to date including new tool and interface capabilities, more control and accessibility options, with many performance optimizations and new licensing options.
Introducing KeyVR Connect
KeyVR Connect provides users the ability to colleagues around the world, in the same virtual space, at the same time, leading to enhanced communication and increased time for collaborative design exploration. KeyVR use cases span the spectrum of the design pipeline, used for rapid design review, virtual stores, architectural presentations and more. KeyVR Connect includes the same features of KeyVR with options for users to host a session or join a session for machines connected on the same network as well as set up paths for automatic loading and sharing of scenes.
New Tools and Interface Capabilities
- Augmented Reality replaces the scene environment with real-time camera imagery if available.
- Measure Tool allows users to make any number of measurements in the scene and includes optional snapping.
- Precise Move Objects tool allows users to move objects with greater precision without accidental jittering and includes optional snapping.
- Held Objects. Users may now rotate objects in Precise or Regular Move Object mode with optional snapping
- Scene Units selection is now available for measurements and snapping.
- Teleport Rotation. When a user teleports from one location to another they may now rotate while teleporting by dragging a line.
- Multiple Ground Levels can be defined through camera placement and stay aligned to the ground when teleporting in scenes with multiple floors.
- Avatar Scaling is useful to inspect smaller scenes in more detail or adjust scenes with incorrect scale on-the-fly.
Control and Accessibility Options
- Confine to Environment the VR user to the scene’s environment to prevent accidental escape.
- Mouse Support for using the mouse as a controller replacement when in VR mode is now available to allow remote controlling of VR experiences.
- Controller Improvements. Rotation in fly mode has been changed from swipe to normal analog stick move or button press (depending on controller) to allow for faster turning.
- Customizable Resolution, which includes presets for Ultra, High, Medium, and Low.
Performance Optimizations and Licensing
- Material Baking allows KeyVR to support various material effects better, such as Labels, and caching provides for improved load times.
- NVIDIA VRS Support on supported GPUs provides improved performance while maintaining high visual fidelity.
- Memory Optimization now allows KeyVR to load scenes with many more environments than before.
- New Licensing Options for Subscription, Floating, and Node-locked licenses are now available and delivered on Luxion’s new licensing system.
The KeyVR update is available immediately. All current KeyVR subscribers will receive a notification and update option when they start KeyVR. With a KeyVR subscription, customers receive all the updates released throughout the year. With the new licensing options, KeyVR is now available for purchase via KeyShot Portal.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More Luxion Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.