May 22, 2023
MachineWorks Ltd, supplier of software components to the engineering industry, has released MachineWorks 8.5.
- Eccentric Turning support
- Support for the EGL rendering interface
- Improved generation of rest material and gouge contours for multi-axis machining
- Prepare and optimize tool and holder profiles based on a tolerance
- New types of cut information for cutting force analysis and feed rate optimisation
- Cutting with ‘stopped’ (not spinning) compound tools
“It’s great to see another major MachineWorks release full of customer driven enhancements. With the increased usage of Linux for cloud, embedded and digital twins, there will be a number of people happy that an alternative to XWindows is now supported,” says Richard Baxter, head of Sales and Marketing. “The improved rest contours for multi-axis toolpaths look fantastic, and when the developers told me about the new functionality to clean up and simplify unnecessarily complex tool and holder profiles I had to ask why wasn’t this available when MachineWorks first came out nearly thirty years ago!”
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.
More MachineWorks Coverage
About the Author
DE’s editors contribute news and new product announcements to Digital Engineering.
Press releases may be sent to them via DE-Editors@digitaleng.news.